1. Cunningham, Edward - The Port Hudson Campaign, 1862-1863 Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1963.
2. Downs, Bobby N. - Arkansas Fifteenth (Gee-Johnson) Regiment Infantry, 1998.
Edmonds, David C. - The Guns of Port Hudson, Vols. 1 & 2
Lafayette, LA: Acadiana Press, 1983-1984.
4. Hewitt, Lawrence L. (Edited by) - A Place Named...Desperate! Baton Rouge, 1982.
5. Hewitt, Lawrence L. - Port Hudson - Confederate Bastion on the Mississippi Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1987.
6. Hewitt, Lawrence L. and Bergeron, Jr., Arthur W. (Edited and Indexed for Publication) - Post Hospital Ledger, Port Hudson, Louisiana, 1862-1863 Baton Rouge, LA: Le COMITE des ARCHIVES, 1981.
1. Longacre, Edward G. - "The Port Hudson Campaign", The Civil War Times Illustrated, February 1972
2. Faller, Phillip E. - "Pounding Port Hudson", America's Civil War, January 1994
3. National Park Service Lesson Plan - The Siege of Port Hudson: "Forty Days and Nights in the Wilderness of Death"
1. Some photos from the National Archives (as noted).
2. Some photos, maps, and other materials obtained at the Port Hudson State Historic Site, Jackson, LA.
| Port Hudson Home |